FanPost

I have the power play solution (and zero coaching experience)

I can't help but laugh when guys like us think we have the answers to our team's woes.  But you know something; I've played hockey off and on for twenty years; and many of us on here have been around the game long enough that we CAN provide some insight.  Its like when one of your friends is in a bad relationship but he's convinced its working.  Your on the outside looking in and you can see its a train wreck.....well the Rangers power play is a train wreck..... and I think I have the solution.....

Put Brian Boyle on the top unit and plant his ass in front of the opposition net.  Have the wingers on the top unit be Callahan and Dubinsky, or Cally and Prospal / Dubi and Prospal.  Have your point men be Staal and Girardi or Staal and MDZ.  Cally and Dubi are tough enough to dig the puck off the wall and smart enough to get it to the net, where Boyle can outmuscle d-men and -----jesus do I even need to explain this strategy?

Let the second unit consist of the Wolski's and Gaborik's.  BUT mix in Avery and/or Prust onto that second unit because we need grit on each unit.  Stepan could play second unit or take Prospal's place on the first unit if his play warrants it.

But placing Boyle in front to screen goalies and create havoc is such a no-brainer I simply can't believe they don't do it every game.

Whaddy'all think?