FanShot

The New York Rangers are actively scouting Edmonton Oilers castoff defenceman Sheldon Souray, and...

79

The New York Rangers are actively scouting Edmonton Oilers castoff defenceman Sheldon Souray, and could begin the process of acquiring his services within the next few days, Sportsnet.ca has learned. Rangers pro scout Kevin Maxwell is credentialed for tonight’s game in Atlantic City between the Hershey Bears and the Albany Devils, and another Rangers scout is on his way to Hershey for back-to-back Bears games Saturday and Sunday against Manitoba. Rangers general manager Glen Sather has already passed through Hershey to have a firsthand look at Souray, who is healthy and back playing for the Bears, after suffering a pair of injuries this season.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/02/04/rangers_souray/