New York Rangers at Montreal Canadiens: Matinee Open Thread

Martin Biron will save Hank from his "Chambre des horreurs" today as Marty will get the start against the Habs. As we all know, Hank has been awful at the Bell Centre.

Ryan Callahan called these two points "crucial", can't say I disagree with him. Let's see if his teammates feel the same way.

From the Rangers:

The Rangers will begin a three-game road trip when they face-off against the Montreal Canadiens at Bell Centre (2:00 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up.

The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 29-21-4 (62 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 3-2, on Thursday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 10-7-2 in their last 19 games at home.

New York has registered a point in 25 of their last 39 games (22-14-3). The Canadiens enter the contest with a 29-18-5 (63 pts) record to rank sixth in the Eastern Conference, and have registered a point in seven of their last eight games (5-1-2).

For more on the Habs, grab a Molson Export and check out Habs Eyes On The Prize

The Rangers would like to remind everyone that Marian Gaborik enters the contest with a four-game scoring streak (one goal, three assists over the span), and has recorded nine points (five goals, four assists) in the last seven games

Talk about spin-doctoring.

Next Game