FanPost

Should Boyle Have Been Suspended?

Today it was announced that Anton Volchenkov of the Devils will be suspended 3 games for an elbow to the head in last nights game against the 'Canes. The right call was made by the NHL disciplinary office and in no way am I defending AV. Here is the video:

Pretty reckless, right?

Which brings me to my next point. How would  you feel if one of our own Rangers threw an elbow to the head and was suspended like AV? Well, that was almost the case (or should have been).

The other night against the Habs, Brian Boyle got away with the same thing when he caught Jaroslav Spacek with an elbow. How was this not a straight blow to the head, blindsight hit too?

As you can see

(0:11)...it was.

You don't want to call out your own player, and by no means is Brian Boyle a dirty player, but even if that wasn't called on the ice, how did the league not punish him for it? You would like to see the league be consistent with the headshot calls. If the league treated everyone fairly, Boyle deserved to be suspended.