FanPost

If if's and buts were candy and nuts...

First fanpost here, it's going to be a quick one. I have no numbers to really support this, maybe one of our number gurus can create an analysis that can support this. I also apologize if it's already been done, but i feel at this point of the season we have a large sample size and this could probably be determined.

IF Gabby remained healthy all season and was producing at the level he was last year, I'd say he'd have around 30 goals and 60 points right now. Attributing that factor to the amount of 1 goal games we've lost this season, is there anyway to calculate how many more games we would have won? I know we can't say he would have scored in all those games but he would have contributed to a solid number of them. That being said, I think if Gabby comes back stong next year, we should have a phenominal season. I think if he were playing at this level we would have 5 more wins at least (again pure speculation). That being said if he is healthy and we do acquire  another scorer (doesn't have to be Richards), will we be a cup contender next year?

Thoughts?