Help Send Binghamton University To Nationals

As many of you know, I am an alumnus from Binghamton University (both undergrad and graduate), and I played roller hockey there for five seasons. This year, the team is back on top of ECRHA, a sub-conference of the NCRHA, by beating Pitt 3-2 in the Finals. The format of the league is simple, ECRHA is the eastern region of the national league, and winning ECRHA means an automatic qualifying bid for the Nationals. Unfortunately, the Binghamton Athletics Department does not fund the roller hockey team very well, thus almost 90% of the expenses come straight from the players pockets.

Nationals is no different, as they are being held in Wisconsin this year from April 6-10. The team is facing registration costs ($995) and travel expenses. In addition to many fund-raising events the team will hold on campus and on Long Island, they are going to be holding a raffle and silent auction. If you have any spare memorabilia, or anything you can donate to a silent auction, please let me know as soon as possible (shapirodavidm[at]gmail[dot]com). Basically, I would collect anything donated, and overnight it to the team president.

Anything you can do to help will go a long way to get these guys. Thanks in advance.