FanPost

Christian Thomas Hits 50

In tonight's game against Ethan Werek's Kingston Frontenacs, Christian Thomas netted a hat trick for his 50th, 51st, and 52nd, making him the first Ranger Prospect to reach the milestone in the CHL since the great Nigel Dawes. Congratulations to him, he has had an incredible year. This makes him and his father the first father/son duo to both have 50 goal OHL seasons. He also added an assist in this game. It should be noted that 17 of them were on the powerplay, and 10 of them were game winners. He now has 92 points on the season. Werek also got a goal, before he got a game misconduct for crosschecking someone in the face.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/8115

He won a few OHL coaches awards yesterday, including "most dangerous in the scoring area", "best shot" and came in second for the "hardest shot".

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/03/11/read-christian-thomas-won-awards/

And here is a clip of some moves from Ryan Borque, who i thought played excellent in the WJC. He plays like a grinder, and i thought he would fit the Ranger mold very well. Apparently, he has sick hands too.

http://www.remparts.qc.ca/video/index/id/4809e481fab3d92e6fda5ce71692c5a9

He seems like a passionate guy (and I am impressed with his French).