Rangers News: Saturday News, Notes, and Random Thoughts

I wish to God Buffalo would hurry up and play these damn games at hand they have on the Rangers, I'm tired of looking at the standings and seeing that they still have two or three less games played.

While we all may disagree with Larry Brooks from time to time, he was absolutely right yesterday. The Rangers need to get Marian Gaborik first line minutes, and lots of them. Double-shift him, ride him, go to the whip. They don't pay him over seven million dollars to play on the fourth line. He is paid to score. Put him out there with Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan, and let them go. Not sure there is a better passer on the team than Zuke right now, give them some time to work together, what's the worst that can happen? I don't get all wrapped up in making line combinations, because with this team they change with the weather, but maybe those three together could get something going.

In 1988, I went to Madison Square Garden with $100 in my hand, and bought a pair of tickets in the blue seats for five different games. Now, that same $100 buys me one game. In fairness, the price of Ranger tickets has probably inflated in line with a lot of other things, but I just hate seeing the average fan that made MSG what it used to be priced out of going to the games. I guess the only bright side is that fans aren't spending much on playoff tickets.

Jeff Klein from the NY Times talks about the Rangers being in the familiar position of fighting for their playoff lives.

That's all I got for now. Here's a fan video of the Rangers three stars of the game after the blowout win over the Flyers: