FanPost

NCAA HOCKEY: A whole new type of advanced statistics

2011frozenfour1_medium

via www.thesportsbank.net

Not exactly Ranger related, but I thought this was pretty amazing and would be of interest on an off day. As many of you might know from my other posts, RPI Rennselear ( sorry Shirley ) is my local NCAA team and when I'm not watching the Rangers I try to sneak down and catch a couple games at the Houston Field House. They're also covered on the blog Without A Peer, who had a recent post on a formula created to figure out the engineers chances of getting an at-large bid to the NCAA tourney. Since it also gives the chances for the teams our prospects are playing for I thought some of you might like to check it out. Here's the link to the article.

George - for you, this is TOTALLY NSFW.