The Banter Hits Two....

Well, there's two years of my life I'll never get back......

Yes boys and girls, it's official: Blueshirt Banter has outgrown its infancy, and has reached the terrible twos, although some would argue we've always been there.

The second year of Blueshirt Banter has seen tremendous growth, both in the size of the writing team, and in membership, and it continues to be an honor and a privilege to be a part of this community, because to me, that is what this has always been about. Building a community, a virtual sports bar of sorts for Ranger fans where we hang out, joke around, and talk hockey. We don't always agree, but we respect everyone's opinion.

I've never considered myself any kind of "expert", or to be more knowledgeable than anyone here.  I'm just the barkeep, all I do is run the place, and wipe up the spills. I've learned a lot more about hockey and the Rangers from you guys than you probably have for me. As Bruce Springsteen said "I ain't here on business, I'm only here for fun", and I've always tried to make sure everyone that comes on this site enjoys themselves, and wants to come back. This site has never been about me, it's about guys like 8kPower, joereiter, dbmaven, Moshe, bleednblue, froese99, PhxRanger, and all of you who come here everyday and contribute.

In addition to this being our second birthday, I am proud to announce that Blueshirt Banter recently passed the two million mark in unique visits. It took us fifteen months to hit our first million, but we did the second million in just eight. That is a testament to all of you, who have made this your home for Rangers discussion, sarcasm, satire, goofiness, and occasional political incorrectness.

Special thanks to Joe, Nick, John, Rob, Dave, Laurie, Mike, George, and Dig Deep, who have helped me tremendously in making this site great. I never would have gotten this far without any of you guys, and I thank you. I also want to thank Eddie, who is not only my radio partner, but a great friend who through laughter adds the years back onto my life that the Rangers take away.

Hopefully we will see you at the viewing party on Saturday, and raise a glass to the success you have helped create here. I appreciate each and every one of you, more than I could ever express.

Now let's get the Rangers into the playoffs, and start working on Year/Million Three.

And now, a musical interlude.