FanPost

The Matt Cooke Story (and why you should feel bad for Penguins fans)

You know theres a crapload of hate towards Matt Cooke. Surprisingly, most of it comes from pittsburgh fans. I decided to take a venture at the Game Day Thread up at Pensburg.

Game Day Thread

I ventured there with a mindset that all the Pens fans were gonna be like "clean hit that is BS!" or "COOKE DIDNT EVEN TOUCH THE GUY". To my surprise, most (if not all) of them were completely heartbroken and infuriated that Cooke continues to be a goon. Lets be honest, there's no backing up that Cooke isn't a dirty player. However, it would absolutely SUCK for him to be on our team.

Imagine if Avery was the one blindsiding everyone, and particularly so in this game. We were at home against the Penguins, fighting for home ice, and then Avery completely nails a guy with his elbow on purpose. That gives us a 5 minute major, and they capitalize with 2 powerplay goals because of that play. You tell me how much you would hate Avery for that.