FanPost

COOKE SUSPENDED REST OF SEASON, ROUND 1 OF PLAYOFFS

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=556768

This is great news. I think Campbell finally got one right. This is the way you make a player regret his actions. Take away his playoff games. It also hurts the team and creates a disincentive for any team to have him on their roster. He is also forfeiting $220,000 in salary. Good! That is the way you come down hard on someone.

I say for his next offense he should be suspended 40 games, and the one after that a full season.

Its a good thing the NHL came down hard too, because if they didn't their would be some real significant outrage. Good move Campbell/Bettman.

Thoughts?