Rangers Recap: Rangers Nip Cats 1-0, Winning Streak Hits 5

The Rangers won an exciting, thrilling, edge of your seat, end to end, fast paced game, shutting out the Florida Panthers 1-0 tonight at Madison Square Garden.

Ok, I exaggerated, but do you really want to hear that this was a boring game filled with one icing after another? Would you rather hear that this game was more boring than following Joe M on Twitter?

A win's a win, but this was a root canal of a game, until Brandon Dubinsky notched the game winner seven minutes into the final period. It was Brandon's twenty second goal of the year, with Ryan Callahan and Artem Anisimov both getting their twenty fourth assists of the year on the goal.

Henrik Lundqvist made twenty two saves for his NHL-best tenth shutout of the season. At the other end of the ice, Tomas Vokoun was good in this game as well, with thirty two saves.

One penalty in this game....one. On Keaton Ellerby of Florida.

Season best fifth win in a row for the Rangers, who now have 84 points and 40 wins. Ottawa Thursday night.

Blueshirt Banter Radio Wednesday Night at 8:00, and don't forget the viewing party is this Saturday at 11:00 AM.