FanPost

The Sean Avery question.........

What do you guys think is going to happen to Sean Avery?  Does he play again soon?  If Torts does decide to put him in, who does he replace?

See here's the thing... yes Sean has taken some stupid penalties, but he managed to play the vast majority of this season without such antics.

Going into the final eight games here and the (hopefully) playoffs, you don't wanna touch Dubi/AA/Cally and Feds/Boyle/Prust.  I think Torts has been pleased with WW/Stepan/Zucc, so that leaves Gaborik skating with EC and Prospal.

Gaborik, EC, and Prospal frankly scares the crap out of me going up against bigger teams like Boston and Philly.  They're way too soft.

IF Avery can be trusted not to implode in the playoffs like he did against Washington (remember the Varlamov sock across the side of the head??? remember Torts expression - youtube it.  I would paste it here but I'm at work and I can't access youtube), I like Avery on a line with Gaborik and EC or Prospal in a playoff situation.

Avery can forecheck like nobody's business and he's racked up a decent amount of assists over the course of the season.

Prospal can play center can't he?  Or am I mistaken?  If not Gabby with EC and Avery works, but I feel like Prospal puts forth a better effort than EC in most situations.

Thoughts on Avery's fate down the stretch here guys?