FanShot

Rangers Sign Jason Missianen

Missianen was a Habs fourth round pick in 2008 and went unsigned. He's put up pedestrian numbers as an overage player in the QMJHL. He's 6'8.. yes that's six feet eight inches. Tall, young goalies like Missianen often have trouble with their body control and it normally takes them a while to figure out their mechanics. He's still only 20 though and fills a need as the Rangers have little organizational depth in goal. Even then, this is a few sentences more than what should be dedicated to a minor league depth signing.