Rangers News: Lundqvist Named NHL's 3rd Star of the Week

If you did not already know, the National Hockey League announces three stars of the past week from around the league every Monday. With today being Monday, last week's three stars were announced on the NHL Live radio broadcast earlier this afternoon.  Coming in third was the New York Rangers' very own Henrik Lundqvist, who backstopped his team to a 3-0-1 record last week. Two of those three wins were also shutouts for King Henrik, which puts him atop the league with a career-high eleven on the season.

Lundqvist is undoubtedly the main reason why this team is rolling right now and any player who can carry a squad such as Hank is doing, especially as a goaltender, is a star in my eyes. Let's hope he can keep it up and help the Rangers clinch a playoff spot in the next two weeks.

Finishing ahead of Lundqvist in the three stars, by the way, were Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres and Corey Perry of the Anaheim Ducks.