Rangers Sign Tommy Grant

The Rangers have agreed to terms with Tommy Grant, an unrestricted free agent forward out of the University of Alaska-Anchorage. Grant, an undrafted free agent, played four seasons at UAA, registering at least 25 points in his final three seasons, with a career-best 32 points in 37 games this past season. These 32 points (16-16-32) were tops for his team, so it’s not like he had strong offensive talent surrounding him. He registered two assists in his first game with the CT Whale. Grant is 6’2, and 175 lbs, and played the point on UAA’s powerplay while also killing penalties. He was clearly UAA’s best player. In 134 career games in college, Grant has a line of 45-45-90 and 176 PIMs.