Chris Kreider Suffers a Broken Jaw, Out Indefinitely

DETROIT - APRIL 10: Chris Kreider #19 of the Boston College Eagles carries the trophy off the ice after the championship game of the 2010 NCAA Frozen Four on April 10, 2010 at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan. Boston College defeated Wisconsin 5-0 to win the national title. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

Not even the Rangers prospects can escape the injury plague that seems to be haunting the organization. Top prospect Chris Kreider suffered a broken jaw while playing for Boston College in a 4-0 win over New Hampshire last night.

The broken jaw may very well bring an unceremonious end to his college career as there is no doubt how anxious the Rangers are to transition him to the pro game. The realization that comes with a serious injury might make the decision a bit easier for Kreider.

According to BC Interruption:

Midway through the second period, Gibbons attempted to clear the puck on the penalty kill, but the puck found its way under Kreider's visor. Kreider immediately went to the ice, writhing in pain along the boards. He even left a bit of TIGER BLOOD on the ice. Kreider came off the ice under his own power, but was taken to the hospital for X-rays.

You just can't make this stuff up Maybe Bryan McCabe can give the guy a call.. or text him?