FanPost

Artem Anisimov is the number one center of the future....

Right before the trade deadline I noticed a handful of posters willing to dangle Artem Anisimov in a trade for Brad Richards or even Paul Stastny (which was never going to happen).

I am going to offer my opinion here that AA for Richards would have been disastrous, even without considering the signing of Richards for nothing but money in the summer.

If and when we bring Brad Richards to the Rangers, it will bury AA behind both B.R. and Derek Stepan

When you watch AA, who is 22 years old, you have to believe that if you give him ice time and responsibility this kid is going to absolutely dominate.  He's got all the tools, and this year he's finally beginning to get consistent.  We gave Dubinsky and Callahan a few years to establish themselves; I think AA deserves the same thing.

He's got hands man.....HANDS.......and he's starting to drive the net and showcase it.  You sign Richards you either retard or halt his development; or maybe you shift him to the wing.

This post is really my own cautionary tale for Glen Sather; the Rangers may not need to sign Richards so badly because next season I think AA is going to be even better.  He's got 16 goals at this point now; I would take a bet that at this point next season that's 25-30.  Is Brad Richards going to do better than that?

Now I understand if you're going deep in the playoffs you want a guy whose been there/done that, but I don't want even Brad Richards if it effs up AA's development.

Thoughts?