Rangers News: Zuccarello back to Connecticut

After being a healthy scratch for a few games, then returning last night and going minus three in the debacle at the Mausoleum, it should come as no surprise to hear that Mats Zuccarello has been returned to the Connecticut Whale, according to the AHL Transactions page.

Despite showing great prowess in the shootouts, Zuke has struggled for the Rangers, with six goals and sixteen assists in forty one games, including a stretch of eighteen games without a goal.

I'm sure John Tortorella would say "It's part of the process" for Zuccarello, if Torts were allowed to talk to us. I wouldn't worry about Zuke just yet, I'm sure he will be back, just sending him down for a little maintenance.

I originally had something planned for your April Fool's Day entertainment, but it was no where near as good as the joke the Rangers have played on us the last two nights.

Someone on my Facebook made a comment to me that sums it up perfectly: "Never saw this coming 48 hours ago."

Don't bury the Rangers just yet. This team has stepped up adversity all year long. I expect them to do it again. Four games to go, Rangers have to make them count.

By the way, the Islanders are expecting tens of fans at their victory parade through downtown Uniondale tomorrow to celebrate their big victory last night.