FanPost

It's Official: The Rangers Will Start Next Season in Europe.

It was rumored and now it's official. The Rangers, Ducks, Kings and Sabres will start the 2011-12 NHL season with 2 games each in Europe.

Here is a snippet from the Article on NHL.com:

Berlin, Helsinki and Stockholm are the three cities involved in the regular-season games that will help kick off the 2011-12 NHL season and mark the fifth-straight campaign the League will play games in Europe. It will be the first NHL regular-season game in Germany, while the League is set to stage games in the Swedish capital for the fourth-straight season and the Finnish capital for a third-consecutive campaign.

The Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks will travel to Europe for the first time since they opened the 2007-08 season with two games in London, while the New York Rangers are back after opening the 2008-09 campaign in Prague. Buffalo is the fourth team, and the Sabres will be playing their first regular-season games in Europe, though they did play a series of exhibition games in Austria in 1998.

Anaheim and Buffalo will play Friday, Oct. 7 at Hartwall Arena in Helsinki and New York and Los Angeles will square off at Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm. The next day the Sabres and Kings will play at O2 World Arena in Berlin while the Rangers and Ducks clash in Stockholm.

The schedule is a little different from how they've done it in the past.I find it weird the the Ducks and Kings won't be playing each other but I understand the reason why.

Also while the other 3 teams will be playing in 2 different cities, the Rangers will play both of their games in Stockholm, Sweden which could be a huge advantage. The Ducks will have to travel from Helsinki to Stockholm while the Rangers stay put in Sweden waiting for the 2nd game.

Anyway, The full article from NHL.com: Here