Chris Kreider Staying at Boston College

chris kreider

Ranger fans who have been dreaming about Chris Kreider on Broadway will have to wait a little longer.

If you've heard us talk about it here on the site and on the show, it should come as no surprise to hear that the Rangers 2009 First Round Draft Pick has opted to remain at Boston College next year.

From BCEagles.cstv.com:

Kreider recorded 24 points - 11 goals and 13 assists - in 32 games as a sophomore this winter. He missed five games in March because of a broken Jaw. The Boxford, Mass., resident earned Hockey East All-Rookie Team honors last winter and participated in the 2010 International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) World Championships in Germany. He has tallied 47 points - 26 goals and 21 assists - in 70 games during his two seasons at Boston College.

Kreider was adamant when he was drafted about going to BC, and had given no indication that he was in any hurry to turn pro.

Thanks to Jess Rubenstein of The Prospect Park for the heads up.