FanPost

Prediction time people

Seeing as how the playoffs start tonight its time we get the Semi-Unofficial Blueshirt Banter prediction pool going. Just drop your first round series prediction in the comments as well as what you think the total goals scored for each series will be. 3 points will be awarded to the person who gets each series right (in the right amount of games) as well as getting the goal total correct (3 points per series correct). 2 points for getting each series (but miss on the number of games) and/or getting within 5 of the total goals scored per series (2 points per each correct prediction). Finally one point will be awarded if you miss the series but come within 5 of the total goals scored. If you miss both...well...Cam Talbot will be having a word with you and may god have mercy on your soul

My predictions for the first round after the jump

(1) Capitals vs (8) Rangers: Rangers in 7 total goals: 14

(2) Flyers vs (7) Sabres: Buffalo in 5 total goals: 21

(3) Bruins vs (6) Canadiens: Boston in 7 total goals: 30

(4) Penguins vs (5) Lightning: Tampa in 6 total goals: 23

(1) Canucks vs (8) Blackhawks: Vancouver in 6 total goals: 36

(2) Sharks vs (7) Kings: Los Angeles in 5 total goals: 18

(3) Red Wings vs (6) Coyotes: Phoenix in 7 total goals: 22

(4) Ducks vs (5) Predators: Nashville in 6 total goals: 30

There won't be any eliminations so if you don't do as well in the first round there is always the second round to get embarrassed in.

P.S. George cannot use his magical Abacus for his picks