Rangers News: Avery In, Zuccarello Out, Defense Stays The Same

It should come as a surprise to no one that Sean Avery will return to the lineup tonight for Game Two. We've seen both the good and bad of what Avery is capable of in the playoffs, so keep the rabbit's foot handy.

Matt Gilroy remains in the lineup, Steve Eminger scratched.

As far as Matt Zuccarello goes, here is what John Tortorella had to say (courtesy of Ranger Rants)

In discussing his lineup choice, coach John Tortorella expressed some reservations about the 5-foot-7 Zuccarello and "whether he can handle the size and the overall consistency of playoff hockey, I’m not sure." Tortorella said he still wasn’t sure where Zuccarello’s NHL career would play out but that he certainly had a chance to adapt

"It’s been a long year for him as far as up and down and learning the new game in North American, playing in the minors with everybody chasing you around," Tortorella said. "It’s still an open book for him as to where he sits as a National Hockey Leaguer. He sees the ice. He makes some plays that some players don’t see."

No word yet on the lines for tonight, although it sounds like Avery will skate on the fourth line with Artem Anisimov and Chris Drury. Expect Erik Christensen on the first line with Marian Gaborik and Vinny Prospal

Also no word on who starts in goal tonight for the Rangers, going to keep that a secret, keep the Caps guessing.