FanPost

Game 2 Post-game notes

-Did Marian Gaborik ever have a strong wrist shot? Sure it's quick, but that means little if there's no force behind it.

-Marc Staal looks a step slow, as does Girardi. Maybe this season has been too long for them.

-Another stellar performance from Hank.

-Dubinsky was just as ineffective in Game 2 as he was in Game 1.

-Sauer and McDonagh played pretty well. They are going to be a great pair for years to come.

-Avery provided a much needed spark, but his inability to score goals, much less stay onside is painful to watch.

-0 scoring chances in a lackluster second period. yes. zero.

-Ovechkin continues to leave his feet on every hit. Isn't that supposed to be against the rules?

-Neuvirth played solid. He probably didn't even break a sweat.

-Beninati was even more annoying in Game 2.

-Pray for Ryan Callahan.

-The Rangers effort was really not the problem. It wasn't like they were scoring in the first and third periods either. There is a severe lack of play-making ability on this team, and the Capitals seem to be in the right position every time we cycle behind the net. It's going to take a huge increase in effectiveness from our play-makers to make a comeback in this series. Now that our backs are fully against the wall, maybe we can get rid of the nerves and start playing some actual hockey.

-On a positive note, I bought a soda for $2.01 at a 7/11 in Maryland after the game and instead of giving me 99 cents the cashier gave me a dollar. Guess he saw my Dubinsky shirt and felt bad.