FanPost

Bruce Boudreau lets the smack fly!

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 04/18/11 1:11 PM EDT Maybe Bruce was just upset because the Garden wouldn't sell him ice cream at 10 AM? Only one thing to do, make it even louder Wednesday night.

"Well, the one thing, its reputation is far better than the actual building," the coach said. "I mean, it’s nothing. The locker rooms are horrible. The benches are horrible. There’s no room for anything. But the reputation of being in Madison Square Garden is what makes it famous. Also, our building’s a lot louder, too. So I mean, they can say what they want, but it’s not that loud in there."

Boudreau has been yapping quite a bit in the last half-day or so about the Rangers physical play in game 3, the officiating, and now MSG (item 2 seem pretty rich coming from someone in that organization, but that's neither here nor there). He seems like a pretty good dude and he's probably just trying to create a bit of a distraction to take some pressure off of his club...but if I'm MSG, this is scoreboard material.

As far as his building goes: I'm sorry but this is not even up for debate. Aside from that awful horn those people mindlessly chant to all game long, the ridiculous outrage over every offsides whistle, and the howling PA announcer, the noise levels just don't compare. I'll give the Capitals credit for filling their building in recent years, but I don't seem to remember anyone "rocking the red" - or the blue - before Ovechkin and Co. made the team relevant. I remember going to a game down there during the Jagr era and seeing thousands of empty seats that they couldn't pay people to occupy. I'll take John Amirante, Dancin' Larry, and the blue seaters over those jokers in DC any day, and I'd be willing to bet that that's a pretty common view throughout the league.

Thoughts?