FanPost

The joy of our future.

I admit, i never expected the Rangers to make it to the playoffs in the first place. I told my father before pre-season that we'll be another no show. He proved me wrong, then said we'd be one of the best in the league. I proved him wrong. All year i kept to my word even on the last day after we beat the Devils, i said "Carolina will beat Tamp and we'll be out again." I was okay with that too, i figured with all the Kids on this team we'd need another year. Again i'll admit my father was right again, the 5 playoff games we played in was great for the kids on this team. Now next yeah will be the year we are feared. We have one of the best shut-down pairs in the league with another set well on there way (Sauer and McDonagh). I was never looking forward to the playoffs for the Rangers, but more to the Draft, training camp, and Pre-season. Seeing what the kids on this team have done and the ones getting ready to make the jump is what has me excited.

I can deal with the 4-1 loss to Washington, and the fact that we struggled all year, and that we have washed up veterans taking up space. But in a few years that won't matter cause this team will finally be the product of what we all wanted. A young, skilled, strong group of players who have grown up together and played together and the benefits will be the Lords Stanly Cup returning to its rightful spot in New York. I can't wait to see this team next year and the year after when we have what it takes to scare the crap out of anyone who comes against us. As long as we keep drafting and moving in the right direction we'll forget the "stupid mistakes" and games the games "we should have won". Cause those mistakes will not happen and we'll win those games. Our future really does look brighter than ever.