FanPost

Playoff Scoring Chance Summaries

This is more a data drop than anything, I'm sure no one wants to rehash the series at this point.  For those that have been following along though, here's the summation of all five games, starting with the individual chances:

NYR Chance Assist Events COG   WSH Chance Assist Events COG
Gaborik 18 1 19 15   Ovechkin 17 11 28 11
Boyle 6 3 9 6   Semin 15 6 21 11
Dubinsky 5 3 8 5   Johansson 6 6 12 6
Christensen 5 2 7 5   Backstrom 6 5 11 6
Stepan 2 5 7 2   Chimera 9 2 11 6
Fedotenko 3 3 6 2   Arnott 5 3 8 4
Prospal 3 3 6 2   Laich 4 4 8 3
Gilroy 5 0 5 4   Sturm 4 3 7 3
Wolski 3 2 5 3   BGordon 5 0 5 4
Anisimov 2 2 4 2   Green 5 0 5 3
Avery 3 1 4 2   Carlson 3 1 4 3
Prust 0 4 4 0   Bradley 0 3 3 0
McCabe 0 3 3 0   Knuble 3 0 3 2
Sauer 1 1 2 1   Alzner 0 2 2 0
Drury 0 1 1 0   Fehr 2 0 2 1
Girardi 0 1 1 0   Hannan 0 1 1 0
McDonagh 1 0 1 1   Hendricks 1 0 1 1
Staal 1 0 1 1   Erksine 0 0 0 0
Zuccarello 0 0 0 0   Schultz 0 0 0 0
TOTALS 58 35 93 51   TOTALS 85 47 132 64

The head to head tables, starting with the raw differential:

Scnyrwsh_medium

Then the head to head time (monster thanks to red army line for having already done the hard part)

Scnyrwsh2_medium

Now, the differential per 15 minutes of ice time:

Scnyrwsh3_medium

The type of chances (goals in parentheses):

 Chance Type WSH NYR
Transition 41 (4) 24
Zone Pressure 31 (4) 30 (3)
Dzone Turnover 12 (3) 1
Off. Faceoffs 1 (1) 3 (2)
Non-Chance Goals 1 3

Lastly, the zones of the chances, (if you didn't see the 'map', click here):

  WSH NYR
Zone 1 35 (9) 21 (4)
Zone 2 13 (1) 11
Zone 3 27 (1) 20 (1)