FanPost

Who to root for in the East?

I was just having this discussion with my uncle (a caps fan) about who I am rooting for to come out of the Eastern Conference this year. I had to spend some time thinking about this, so I'm curious to hear what my fellow Rangers fans have to say about this. My reasoning below (in ascending order of preference):

Flyers- Can't root for them out of principle

Pens- Can't because of Cindy

Bruins- Can't because of my anti-Boston sentiment (Yankees/Jets fan)

Canadiens- Dislike because of Subban/Gomez, but the Cammaleri (Jew) factor bumps them above the Bruins.

Sabres- this one's more irrational. I just feel like seeing Ryan Miller get rewarded by a cup will make me more angry about Henrik's lack of recognition. Nitpicking at this point.

Lightining- It comes down to them vs. the caps. While I love St. Louis and everyone else, they won one relatively recently

Leaving me with: The Caps