Rangers To Play Exhibition in Czech Republic

From the Associated Press:

NEW YORK, N.Y. - The New York Rangers will play an exhibition game in the Czech Republic in September, facing HC Sparta Prague as part of the NHL's push into Europe.

The game will be played Sept. 29 at Tesla Arena. On Thursday, Rangers general manager Glen Sather called Sparta Prague "one of the most storied franchises in Europe."

The club has been around for more than 100 years.

From Fox Sports:

One of the most popular teams in the country, HC Sparta Prague not only has over 100 years of hockey tradition, but the club is a perennial contender in the highest levels of the Czech extraleague.  The Rangers first played in Prague when the NHL opened the 2008-09 regular season in Europe in front of capacity crowds.  The Rangers and Tampa Bay Lightning played two games at the O2 Arena in Prague, with the Rangers winning each game by a 2-1 score.

The Rangers will be well-traveled by the time mid-October rolls around. As you know, the Rangers will open the regular season October 7th in Stockholm, Sweden against the Los Angeles Kings, and then the following night will play the Anaheim Ducks.

It will be interesting to see what two weeks (presumably) in Europe does to the Rangers stamina early in the season. If you've ever flown long distance across several time zones, you know it takes its toll.