Rangers Recall Zuccarello

Looks like Mats Zuccarello’s trip to the CT Whale was short lived, as he was recalled today by the Rangers. The Rangers haven’t filed the paperwork yet, so the transaction as of the composition of this post hasn’t hit the transaction log on the AHL website. Zuccarello was demoted one week ago, after a rough few weeks which saw him as a healthy scratch or a fourth liner for a few games. At the time of the demotion, it was the right thing to do to make sure he received enough playing time to develop and adjust to the North American style of play.

In the three games Zuccarello played since his demotion, he finished with four assists, nine SOG, and a +2 rating.