Rangers Recap: Rangers Win 5-2, "Let's Go Lightning"

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 09: Chris Drury #23 of the New York Rangers scores a first period goal and is joined by Bryan McCabe #28 and Mats Zuccarello #36 in their game against the New Jersey Devils at Madison Square Garden on April 9, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The "Let's Go Lightning" chant from the Ranger faithful at the Garden said it all. The Rangers did what they were supposed to do today, and now it rests in the hands of the Tampa Bay Lightning, who must defeat the Carolina Hurricanes tonight for the Rangers to punch their ticket for the 2011 NHL Playoffs.

Led by Chris Drury, who scored an emotional first goal of the season on his first shift back since suffering a knee injury, the Rangers defeated the New Jersey Devils 5-2 today at Madison Square Garden.

Ryan McDonagh scored the first goal of his NHL career, and Brandon Prust, Wojtek Wolski, and Vinny Prospal added goals for the Blueshirts.

Henrik Lundqvist made 24 saves for the Rangers, who finished with 93 points. In about seven hours, we'll know if it was enough.

So say a prayer for the Lightning, and if the hockey gods shine upon us, tomorrow morning it will still be hockey season.

The game thread for tonight's game will go up at 6:45.

Devils vs Rangers recap

In Lou We Trust