FanPost

Little down time debate

Being as I am only 19, I never got to fully appreciate how good the Great One was. I for one have always assumed everyone though he was the, hands down, greatest player ever to lace them up. I mean come on, the man has more assist than anyone has points.However I now know there is a small minority that would put Mario Lemieux ahead of Gretzky. Do I think that Mario was maybe stronger, yes, did he have one of the greatest comeback stories ever, yes, but is he even in the same conversation as Gretzky, I would have to say heck no.

This is less of a debate but more of me just wanting to know what you older folks have to say about this.

Would Mario be even close to Gretzky if he could have stayed away from injuries?

Should this even be discussed?

The floor is yours guys.