FanPost

Gross speculates on roster changes....

Andrew Gross, over at the Record, who's one of the Rangers' beat writers, speculated yesterday that Drury, Prospal, and Avery may all be on their way out.  The full link is good, but the meat of what he says is pretty simple:

Listening to John Tortorella, you got the strong feeling captain Chris Drury, left wing Vinny Prospal and Avery had played their last games as Rangers. The coach, of course, doesn’t have final say but it will be no surprise if Drury is bought out, Prospal not re-signed and Avery somehow moved, through a buyout, demotion to the AHL or trade. Avery does have a full no-trade clause from July 1 to Aug. 14, otherwise he can list 10 teams he wishes not to be dealt to.

Definitely give Gross his hits and check out the whole post, there's some other good things on there.  Speaking of hits, I actually caught this from mleetch's blog - BleedingAllBlue... which, if you don't already follow, you should.

I don't really know what the etiquette is for re-posting stuff, so feel free to tell me if I've done something rude, but I figured it'd be nice to see some of the conversation over here on these ideas.

Personally, I'd love for these spots to open up.  We desperately need roster upgrades, and these are prime positions for us to target.  The extra cap space would also be much welcome.

What do you guys think?