FanPost

Alex Frolov Signs with Avangard Omsk

1081761927_medium

Photo via cdn.msg.com

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 05/12/11 12:10 PM EDT:

The Alexander Frolov Experiment has officially ended, and in truth, it barely ever got off the ground. Frolov was largely ineffective before suffering a torn ACL back in January. We here at Blueshirt Banter would like to take a moment to fondly remember the Alex Frolov Era, which gave us some of the best nicknames we'll ever see:

"Alex Fro-lost"

"Alex Fro-loaf"

"Alexander Friggins"

And last, but certainly not least: who can forget the numerous times Alex would go behind the net and attempt "The Frapparound".

Alex Frolov, we salute you! Thanks BTW for posting this.

By the way, Frolov did comment on the signing by saying "At least now I know I'm not being traded to Phoenix."]

According to the teams website, forward Alexander Frolov has signed a 3-year deal with Avangard Omsk of the KHL. No other contract numbers have been announced as of yet. Will be updating as it comes about.

Frolov was yet another underachiever for the Rangers this past season. He signed a one-year $3 million deal with the Rangers, as an attempt to redefine himself in the NHL. However, his season ended early when he went down with a torn ACL. He played a total of 43 games, collecting a total of 7 goals and 9 assists.