FanPost

Rangers vs Flyers - Winter Classic Speculation

Wc_medium

Photo via localhostr.com

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 05/12/11 6:44 PM EDT BTW strikes again!]

Darren Dreger reported today on the "Dreger Report" that the Flyers could potentially face the Rangers in next years Winter Classic. Stating that the game will almost certainly be played in Philly, with the venue still being uncertain as of yet.

Amid months of speculation, sources confirm Philadelphia is the leading candidate for next year’s Winter Classic.

The NHL hasn’t officially signed off on the location, largely because of building availability in Philadelphia. The NHL would love to host the outdoor game at Lincoln Financial Field, but the NFL’s schedule is making the football stadium virtually impossible, so Citizens Bank Park, the home of the Philadelphia Phillies, will likely be the venue of choice.

The Flyers will likely face the New York Rangers, but the Rangers are waiting for confirmation of their involvement.

The idea of watching John Tortorella co-exist with cameras invading the sanctity of his dressing room and private quarters will almost guarantee huge ratings for HBO’s 24/7 leading up to the Winter Classic.

This would be HUGE, and an experience of a lifetime if the Rangers get to be a part of the Winter Classic. Now the question is, will the Rangers take up on this opportunity. I sure as hell hope so! I know for a fact that I would be all over those tickets as they went on sale. What is everyone's feedback on this?