FanPost

Laraque on Boogaard

Georges-laraque-och-derek-boogaard_medium

via gcaggiano.files.wordpress.com

NBC Pro Hockey Talk ran an article with some insight from fellow tough guy George Laraque, who also seems to have been a close friend of Derek Boogaard. Laraque was pretty critical of the Rangers organization, so I figured he'd fit right in around here. According to Laraque, Boogy was ready to come back and Torts didn't want him to, cause Torts wasn't a fan of his. Basically, cause Torts is just a jerk.

Torts not wanting to bring Boogy back late in the season, and urging him to take the rest of the season off, seems like another example of Torts bizarre "i like you, I don't like you" school of thought. Why turn off Boogy and not Drury? Both players had played in little more then a handful games, the only difference was Boogy had overachieved in his few games as a Blueshirt, while Dru had been a disappointment for years. If anything the spark that Boogy could give the team, a group that often had problems with blocks of uninspired play, seems to be more of a benefit that what Drury could bring to a PK that was already doing fine. We don't know exactly what happened to Derek Boogaard yet, but it would be a shame if Torts attitude wasn't just ruining player development, but now lives as well.  In fairness,  Laraque is a guy with a bone to pick with "the man", and since his career ended has been willing to offer up his thoughtson a variety of subjects, weather you've got a penny for him or not. Still, I don't know what motivation he has to cook up something against the Rangers, if it wasn't true.