FanPost

Detroit or Columbus to Eastern Confrence?

I was listening to Puck Daddy Radio while at work and there is speculation that if Atlanta moves to Winnipeg, that either Detroit or Columbus will be re-aligned into the eastern conference.

I was wondering what you guys thought about that and which would you prefer?

Personally I'm torn Detroit would be cool cause we would have a ton of "original six" match ups in the East with 5 of the 6 teams in the East with Chicago being the only West team. However with them in the standings the playoff race will be even harder for the NYR to reach. IMO Detroit will take another top spot and push teams lower. Also VS/NBC might so more NYR games for us guys not in NY just because they are playing the Wings.

Columbus might be an easier team to play against, and boost us in the standings come playoff times but who knows.