Rangers News: Rangers to Announce Signing of Christian Thomas

The New York Rangers have reportedly inked  18-year-old Christian Thomas to a three-year entry level contract according to Nick Kypreos via twitter...

ThomasThomas, who was a second round pick of the Rangers in 2010, still has a year of eligibility in the OHL with the Oshawa Generals. He will likely get a look in training camp and preseason in September, but there is a slim chance he actually makes the team for next year. If Thomas is cut and returns to the OHL, it will not take away from his 3-years deal; the contract will stay in-tact until he begins playing at the professional level.

Thomas had 54 goals and 45 assists in the OHL during the regular season this year, and also recorded 19 points in ten playoff games.