FanPost

Zherdev to Jail (probably), Atl to Winn (possibly done), Fredrik Modin Retires (Fact), Rangers to Sign Scott Stajcer (Most likely), HF ranks Rangers 7th

SORRY FOR THE LONG TITLE.

Did my late night hockey research and alot seemed to happen tonight.

Nikolai Zherdev took on the role of Elin Nordegran (Tiger Wood's wife) and chased down his spouse and beat her with a metal pole after a dispute occurred at breakfast at a restaurant. There are conflicting reports on whether it did happen but the Russian's problems seem to occur on and off the ice and last time I checked spousal abuse in most cases lead to jail time so good thing for philly that they are out of the playoffs already and will not have to tell him he is scratched.

Stephen Brunt of Globe & Mail is reporting that Atlanta to Winnipeg is a done deal. An official announcement will be held Tuesday.

TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AS BETTMAN AND OTHER WRITERS ARE SAYING IT IS NOT TRUE.

After 14 seasons Fredrik Modin retires. Not much else to it.

In Rangers news Cap Geek is reporting that the Rangers have signed 2009 5th round pick to an entry level deal. He will have a cap hit of $620,000 per season with an AHL salary of 65,000. He was 10 & 3 in the regular season with a GAA of 2.91. In the playoffs for the Owen Sound he had a record of 8 & 4 with a 2.79 GAA and save percentage of .909 leading his team to the memorial cup. His stats get better from season to season and seems to be a goalie that will take his time especially with the goalie situation in Hartford.

Also awesome news as Hockey's future has ranked us 7th in their organizational rankings. They move up two spots from their fall ranking. Kreider is number one on the Rangers list followed by Ryan Mcdonagh, Christian Thomas, Evgeny Grachev and Mats Zuccarelo. Glad to see this as we finally have prospects getting some love.