FanPost

The Future of the Franchise (Rewritten)

Ignore last post I made.

I did not properly articulate my previous "Future New York Rangers" post properly.  Allow me to reexplain myself.

The future of the franchise will depend heavily on our current prospects and this year's draft.  Below are the players that will make a huge impact.

The New Dynasty that I see happening will be a yearly process.  With the rumors and front office behavior that I have seen, here is what will happen up until 2020.

The crystal ball sees……..

2011/12

The Rangers will sign Brad Richards (5yr), James Wisnevski (2yr), and Jaromir Jagr (3yr) to deals after buying out Wojtek Wolski and Chris Drury.  Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Boyle, Sauer will all sign new deals.  DelZotto will be released or traded because of the team's low tolerance policy (remember Ethan Werek).  Jagr signs after Pittsburgh makes the contract negotiation process complicated, the KHL gives him issues with signing deals, and the support of Rangers fans (the fake fans and corporations) to have him come back to the Big Apple.  At the draft, the Rangers trade their two 2nd round picks to Detroit Red Wings for their first round pick.  They select Bonne Jenner (Oshawa-OHL) and Nicklas Jensen (Oshawa-OHL) in the first round to create team chemistry amongst them and prospect Christian Thomas.

The roster will be set up as shown here:

Gaborik/Richards/Jagr

Dubinsky/Anisimov/Callahan

Stepan/Christensen/Zuccarello

Avery/Boyle/Prust

Staal/Girardi

Wisnevski/Sauer

McDonagh/Valentenko

Lundqvist/Biron

 Valentenko will win a roster spot at training camp, Grachev will be called up at some points of the season.

The GRJ line will produce a lot of offense and pose as a threat to the Eastern Conference.  The Dubi-Artie-Cally line will too produce offense and physical styles of play.  The SCZ line will start off slow and pick up, and the fourth line will be our primary checking line.  Defense will be defense.

The Rangers will finish fifth in the Eastern Conference.  They will make it to the Eastern Conference semifinals and lose in six games.

2012/13

Thomas, Jenner, Bourque, McIrath, and Kreider will make the cut and spend the year with the CT Whale (AHL).  Biron retires and Johnson becomes Henrik's backup, and will play between 25 and 35 games.  Lundqvist will have a breakout year because finally, his team is getting the support that he needs.  He will finally

win the Vezina, but his team will lose in the Eastern Conference finals.  The team will gel together and play great hockey.

2013/14

With the prospects NHL-ready, they will earn roster spots.  The roster will be as follows:

Gaborik/Richards/Jagr

Dubinsky/Anisimov/Callahan

Kreider/Stepan/Thomas

Grachev/Boyle/Hagelin

Staal/Girardi

Sauer/Valentenko

McDonagh/McIlrath

Lundqvist/Johnson

*Oscar Lindberg will be called up on occasion

The team will be in a funk in the middle of the season, but the Rangers will pull through by earning a playoff spot.  They will make it to the East Semifinals and lose.

2014/15

Lundqvist and Gaborik are gone, Jagr too.  Richards, that douche, demands a trade and is traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Joe Colborne.  The Rangers trade the contract rights of Gabby and Hank to contending teams for two 2014 1st round picks and two 2015 1st round picks (one pick per year per team).  Luckily for the Rangers, those teams will not reach a deal with them and Hank and Gabby will go sign somewhere else.  They end up drafting two good forwards and a solid defenseman out of this at the 2014 draft.  This is a transitional year which helped the team get the eighth seed in the East and an early exit from the playoffs. The roster will be as follows…

Dubinsky/Anisimov/Callahan

Kreider/Stepan/Thomas

Colborne/Jenner/Grachev

Jensen/Lindberg/Hagelin

Staal/Girardi

Sauer/Valentenko

McDonagh/McIlrath

Johnson/Stajcer

*- Note: Ryan Bourque becomes a bust

2015/16

The new roster will pull out of training camp successfully with high hopes.  Projected however to finish out of the playoffs, the team pulls the 2005/06 Carolina Hurricanes and finish atop of their division.  What they did…

1.  The goalies split the season evenly with 41 starts.  There was never an instance where the goalie was pulled during the year.  Don't worry. there was no Carousel of goalies in the playoffs.

2.  Everyone scores.  The player that scored the least amount of goals out of the forwards was Lindberg with 15 and out of the defensemen Sauer with 10.  The defense will score from the blue line and have spurts of offensive skills and the offense will actually shoot the puck.

3. Their only true competitors in their division will be the Islanders and Devils.  The Islanders will have their prospects becoming elite around this time and the Devils will be aback on track after missing the playoffs a few seasons ago (2010/11).  However, the Rangers will have their numbers.

4.  Team chemistry will be at an all-time high, unlike anything fans have ever seen.

In the playoffs, the Rangers will win the Eastern Conference Finals but fall in the Stanley Cup finals in seven games.  They will not have home-field advantage, so the heartbreak will not be on home ice.  The chemistry and drive to make it into the finals again will carry over into next season.  Staal wins Norris.

2016/17

The Rangers will win over 50 games, take home the Presidents Trophy, Atlantic Division title, Eastern Conference Championship, and the STANLEY CUP.  YAY!!!!  Chris Kreider wins Conn Smythe.

Johnson and Stajcer will become the first duo since 1971 (Eddie Giacomin  and Gilles Villemure) to be co-recipients of the Vezina Trophy.  Staal wins Norris again.

2017/18

Because of the success of this group of people, the roster remains the same.  The only player that leaves is Girardi.  He is replaced by a free agent signing. The Rangers win the Atlantic Division but lose in the second round of the playoffs.

2018/19

Issues regarding contracts reduce the team and the organization begins to depend on its prospects.  Here is who remains…

F:Ryan Callahan

    Derek Stepan

    Chris Kreider

    Christian Thomas

    Boone Jenner

    Nicklas Jensen

D:Ryan McDonagh

    Mike Sauer

    Dylan McIlrath

    Pavel Valentenko

G: Scott Stajcer

Prospects and FA signings will replace rest.

This odd year will cost the team the playoffs.

2019/20

Good things and bad things will happen.

Good:

- The Oshawa line (Jensen/Jenner/Thomas) will produce the most offense.

- The Collegiate Duo (Stepan and Kreider) will combine for 80 goals.

- Team makes playoffs for its offense.

Bad:

- Minor complications with the 5th and 6th defensemen will cause the other four to play more often, tiring them out.

- Stajcer will have a few cold streaks and his backup will be 50/50

- They get eliminated in the first round because of poor defense and lack of offense which they somehow wasted in the regular season.

This is as far as I can go.

Recap…

2011/12 44-28-10                 98 pts L, Semifinals

2012/13 48-27-7                       103 pts      L, East Finals

2013/14 42-29-11                  95 pts L, Semifinals

2014/15 40-30-12                 92 pts L, Quarterfinals

2015/16 49-21-12               110 pts         L, Stanley Cup

2016/17 55-20-7                       117 pts         Win Stanley Cup

2017/18 47-27-8                        102 pts         L, Semifinals

2018/19 39-38-5                        83 pts No Entry

2019/20 45-28-9                   99 pts          L, Quarterfinals

This is what I see happening.  I don't know why, but I see it.  Make fun of me all you want.

What do you guys think?