NHL Breaking News: Atlanta Thrashers Officially Moving To Winnipeg

It's been speculated for most of the off-season, but the decision is finally official, the Atlanta Thrashers are being relocated to Winnipeg.

Here are some tweets from Bob McKenzie

TSNBobMcKenzie: Team will play out of the Southeast Division in the Eastern Conference for one year before NHL realignment kicks in.
TSNBobMcKenzie: 11 am Central time announcement. Now official. Pending NHL B of G approval, Thrashers moving to Winnipeg.
TSNBobMcKenzie: True North (WPG)-Atlanta Spirit Groug (ATL) have concluded their deal. Official news advisory coming soon. News conference to follow. 11MT?

The news is obviously very bittersweet. For Atlanta fans it's devastating and heartbreaking, and for Winnipeg fans it's exciting and fantastic.

Multiple tweet have said that a new name hasn't been decided yet, but it appears that the "Jets" is still in the running. If you're a Rangers fan wondering what will happen when the NHL realignment kicks in I will tell you not to worry about it, although from what I have seen the Atlantic Division may lose the Penguins. Regardless that's not something you should be worrying about now.

Our hearts here at the Banter go out to Atlanta and their fanbase, no one should ever lose a hockey team. You can visit Birdwatchers Anonymous for the most up to date information on the matter.

There will be an official announcement at noon today.

Thoughts on this guys?