FanPost

Winnipeg Naming fun

Well, we all know the big news that broke this afternoon. The Thrashers, pending approval from the board of governors (seen here discussing what to do with Matt Cooke), will be moving to Winnipeg next season. However, something was missing from the press conference today, besides Gary Bettman actually appearing like a caring individual. There's no name for the team yet.

So I decided to take this opportunity to open the floor to you guys. What would like the new Winnipeg team like to be called?

The Jets? Because that worked out so well for them 15 years ago

The Falcons? Nothing says a small-market in the middle of the Canadian wastelands like a bird of prey located in the American southwest and Pacific northwest

The Bears? This could work I mean thanks to nintendo they already have a pretty cool logo for it

The Thrashers? Now that's just cruel and insulting...so its perfect!!!

The possibilities are almost endless...so what can you guys come up with...do your worst