Rangers Sign Prospect Roman Horak

BUFFALO NY - DECEMBER 28: Filip Novotny #1 of the Czech Republic reaches out for the puck as Roman Horak #23 and Jakub Jerabek #12 defend against Ryan Johansen #19 of Canada during the 2011 IIHF World U20 Championship game between Canada and Czech Republic on December 28 2010 in Buffalo New York. (Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images)

According to multiple sources, including the internet home of the CT Whale, the Rangers have signed 19-year old forward Roman Horak of the Chilliwack Bruins in the WHL.  Horak finished his 2nd season with the Bruins with a line of 26 goals and 52 assists in 64 games.  He had 3 points in 5 playoff games for the Bruins.

From the CT Whale story:

The 6-1, 180-pounder has skated in 130 career WHL contests with Chilliwack, registering 47 goals and 78 assists for 125 points, along with 99 penalty minutes and a plus-eight rating. In 2009-10, he tied for first among WHL rookies with six game-winning goals and a team record, five shorthanded goals. Horak tied for fifth in the league overall in shorthanded goals and 17th in game-winning goals, and tied for third on Chilliwack in goals (21) and ranked fourth in assists (26) and points (47). Horak has also registered nine points (three goals, six assists) in 11 career WHL playoff contests. He tied for the team lead in points (six), ranked second in assists (four) and tied for third in goals (two) in six games during the 2010 WHL playoffs.

Horak is a defensively responsible center whose faceoff ability alone should give him an opportunity to make this team in the future. Terms of the deal are not yet disclosed.

Team Shop

Forgot username?

We'll email it to you.

Forgot username?