FanPost

New York Rangers Trade Ethan Werek

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 05/08/11 8:54 PM EDT Sad to hear the Rangers traded one of the guys I was looking forward to seeing play for them someday, but if you heard Jess Rubenstein on our show a few weeks ago, you heard him say Werek's stock had slipped somewhat. Thanks Gaborik for putting this up!]

The Rangers have announced they have traded 2nd round pick in 2009 Ethan Werek to phoenix (who else) for 19 year old  Oscar Lindberg.

Lindberg was selected 52nd overall in 2010 and has been playing in Sweden the last two seasons. 5 goals and 9 assists in 41 games.

10th ranked prospect on Phoenix.

His faceoff percentage seems to be his best talent at over 60%.

Hockeys Future "Lindberg provides good size and strength down the middle and is an effective two-way center. Like many Swedish forwards he is extremely reliable in his own zone and is even more reliable in the face-off circle, winning 60 percent of his draws last year."

Interesting trade to start off with I guess and that is about it.