FanPost

Rangers Sign Flames Draft Pick: Tim Erixon

Numerous reports from trusted twitter sources have confirmed that the Rangers have an interest in Flames defense men Tim Erixon. Larry Brooks is also reporting that  the Rangers have been given the right to negotiate with Erixon.

Tweet from Larry Brooks (NY Post):

Rangers have been given permission to negotiate contract with Erixon, Post has learned....believed conditional trade deal in place with Calg(ary).

Tweet from Bob McKenzie (TSN):

NYR believed to be hot and heavy in talks with CGY to get Erixon. Tim's dad, Jan, play for NYR. Tim was born in Port Chester, NY. Stay tuned

Erixson has until 5:00 PM (EDT) to be signed by a team, otherwise he'll be placed back into this years draft. The Rangers are looking to close in on a deal shortly.

UPDATE AS OF 4:03 PM:

Larry Brook is now reporting the Rangers have gained the rights to Erixon and contract details are being finalized as we speak.

UPDATE AS OF 4:06 PM:

The Rangers have officially signed Tim Erixon to an entry-level deal. Trade details below.

Official trade statement via Jesse Spector:

trade Roman Horak and two second-round picks for Tim Erixon and a fifth-rounder. Done deal.