FanPost

Just a little "Lord Stanley" levity (albeit non-NYR) to break the tension...

Out of respect to the B's whooping it up as they head towards Copley Square, here's a new one for ya that I posted yesterday on TT's FB wall. Feel free to share :)

Two people walk INTO a bar. One guy is named...let's say Thommy Timas...and the other one, a semi-masculine girl, is named Roberta..1st off, Roberta says "Ouch!"  But then, Thommy offers politely: "Roberta, can I buy you a drink? It's on me" to which Roberta replies: "Nah, not really in the mood, feelin' kinda low." Thommy asks all concerned:" What's eatin' you?" to which Roberta shrugs:" Well, I said somethin' I shouldn't have about this really nice guy and now everyone thinks I'm an ass." Thommy listens to Roberta empathetically and compassionately, stops and ponders the situation a bit, then replies: "Ah, don't sweat it...It's not like you went out and said something incredibly stupid like how much better you were than that guy and it turned out you were oh-so-wrong, right?" Roberta gulps and nervously says "Well actually..."

At that point, Thommy glares at Roberta, abruptly turns his head and says to the bartender: "Excuse me, she's gonna pay for her own drink...Can I have mine to go?...in a CUP!" :)