Rangers Will Play Special Exhibition Against Frolunda Of SEL

From NHL.com:

New York/Toronto – The New York Rangers will play a special exhibition game against the Frolunda Indians of the Swedish Elite League at the Scandinavium in Gothenburg, Sweden, on Friday, Sept. 30, as part of the 2011 Compuware NHL Premiere Challenge.

Tickets for this special game go on sale tomorrow, June 21, at 9:00 a.m. local time in Gothenburg.  For more information on purchasing tickets visit www.ticnet.se.

It will be a unique return home for Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, who played five seasons for Frolunda before coming to the NHL.  In 2005, his last in Sweden before joining the Rangers, Henrik captured both the Golden Puck and the Golden Helmet awards for outstanding play.  To make the occasion even more special, Henrik, a two-time NHL All-Star, will oppose his twin brother Joel, who plays for the Indians.

If anyone happens to be planning this very long road trip, let us know.