Flyers Sign Bryzgalov, 9 years $51M

Our Flyers coverage continues.....

As "Stepan" had in his Fan Post, and has been discussed in the previous thread, the Philadelphia Flyers have signed goalie Ilya Bryzgalov to a long term deal that he will probably never see the end of. This does serve to finally give the Flyers what they have lacked for........well, forever it seems, a top flight goaltender.

From NHL.com

The Philadelphia Flyers' busy Thursday continued when they signed goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov to a nine-year, $51 million contract not long after trading centers Jeff Carter and Mike Richards, according to a report by TSN.

The Flyers acquired the rights to negotiate exclusively with the 31-year-old goaltender from the Phoenix Coyotes last week, and they made sure they signed Bryzgalov before the free-agent signing period began July 1. Bryzgalov averaged 33 victories a season the past four seasons with the Coyotes.

More Flyers news later as it happens.....