FanPost

Rangers sign prospect

The Rangers have signed Jonathan Audy-Marchessault.( Don't hurt yourself trying to pronounce it) The 20 year old centered Rangers prospect Ryan Bourque and put up some impressive stats. Hr totaled 95 points in 68 games then had 33 playoff points in 18 games. The deal is only a one year deal. Much like Bourque he is a small foward, only checks in at 5'9 175. He is a very disciplined player only having 42 PIM in his 4 seasons in the QMJHL. Not a major signing, but not a bad one either.He went undrafted in 09' despite posting almost 80 points. He seems like a possible diamond in the rough to me. Or he could be bascially another Corey Locke.

The Rangers apparently offered him a two year deal, but he signes a one year becuase he believes with stronger play he can earn himself a better deal. That's some confidence right there. You guys like the signing?